Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: The Site is Up 
IceNine
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:48:02    Post Subject: The Site is Up Reply with quote

And not a moment too soon.

After about 3 weeks of hurrying for a deadline, 10-12 hour days 7 days a week http://www.ipayone.com/ is at Version 2.

The look is not perfect, but that will be the easy part to fix. I still have yet to get content from our Marketing department. The real deal is that this is a 100% new codebase - about 3000 lines of PHP. Compare this to the old site of 140,000. That's right, 140k. The old site was contracted out to a guy who in turned contracted it out to about 10 guys in India. There was a lot of redundant code, several security holes, and the damn thing was running on PHP 4.2.2 (very old) and MySQL 3.23.58 (even older).

We're now on PHP 5.0.3 and MySQL 4.1.10.

The lot of it is that I wrote and designed the whole thing - to which I must say I'm proud of myself (and yes, I know it's not perfect). My senior programmer who used to be in charge has been talking me up to the management. Let's hope I get a raise!

Hopefully now I'll have more time to shoot the proverbial shizzle here. Razz

A letter to a soldier

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved