Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: 5 Simple Steps to a Quieter PC 
dreddlox
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 02:17:44    Post Subject: BAH! Reply with quote

I was hoping for a more origional article. "Pour money into it" is somewhat of a last resort amongst good enthusiasts.
This article should've at least included, if not consisted of, ideas like:
1) Clean out your fans, heatsink and power supply.
Dust makes fans require more work to push air, generally making them louder.
Upon analyzing the temperatures of your system and possibly making sacrifices to voltages and clock speeds, Consider:
2) Rewiring a few of your fans' molex connectors to run off of 7v or 5v, rather than 12v
3) Removing your CPU fan from its heatsink and reattaching it so that there is air-space between the HS and F(Another more work->more noise situation). Though the aerodynamics of this confuse me, I have actually witnessed increased cooling because of this.
4) Turn off any extra case fans. If any are bigger than your CPU fan, consider using them instead of the CPU fan.
5) Leave CD drives empty(random spin-ups irritate), config your BIOS/windows to shut off harddisks when inactive and install any software that came with your CPU and motherboard(ie. fan throttlers, and AMD's Cool n Quiet)

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved