Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Newegg is changing 
IceNine
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:33:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote

This is the email I sent:
Quote:
To whom it may concern:

I have been a customer of NewEgg for a couple years. I've never had a problem with service, and the two RMAs that I have had to make were handled quickly and efficiently.

However, recently I've come into the market for a new computer. I went to your site first and put all the items I would require into my shopping cart (minus a monitor and case). I was shocked to find that the shipping on these small items, which could all fit into one box, to be over $80!!

Free shipping may not be feasible, I understand, but adding $5 for a video card, $10 for a hard drive, $7 for RAM... That's a little too much. I would suggest a system that analyzes cart contents with shipping weights and dimensions to allow a certain price per capacity. For example, if I have a CD-ROM and a Hard Drive, it should not cost any more to ship some RAM and a Video Card.

If your programmers complain, fire them. I am a web programmer myself (but I do not work with ASP) and I understand that this could work. If you would like any more ideas on how to implement this, I will offer my ideas free of charge.

Thank you for your time,
Jared

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved