Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: 3:2 Ratio FSB/RAM multiplier a Gift form ASUS!! 
Ididntdoit
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:30:03    Post Subject: 3:2 Ratio FSB/RAM multiplier a Gift form ASUS!! Reply with quote

Sys. specs.

I any attachment show up they are *.tex messages of th system profiles clocked and not clocked
MB:ASUS P4C 800E
RAM: 2 Dimms of PC3200 regular Crucial at 512Mg
Powered by: PC Power and Cooling 450v
Video card: 9800 Pro
CPU: Northwood 3.2 MHz 16X L1 8 L2 512
One hell of a Heat Sink forgot its name tho

My ASUS P4C 800E MB is taking the wind out of my overclock. The FSB when overclocked is blocking my RAM form keeping up with the FSB speed of 960 MHz. One program said my Bio had a FSB multiplier of 3:2 ratio as FSB/RAM. This multiplier is effectively steping down my RAM speed to 160 MHz when overclocked to 3.85 MHz. I have tried many different thing too overcome this seemingly embedded multiplier. I have tried to set the frequency to all of the 3 allowable options in my Bio s. I have increased the voltage to the maximum allowable being 2.78. When my multiplier takes over it changes the latencies to coincide with a bandwidth of 2700. I have changed the latencies back to what they were when it ran at default speeds that being 200 MHz. At the default it runs at a 1:1 ratio of 800/200 When I over clocked to 240 MHz the FSB gave me an automatic 160 MHz RAM bus speed. I reset the the the RAM to 3 3 3 6 4. Any in sights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I posted this in the software form but I don't know if this is a software or hardware issue. I have tried ASUS support but they were, well how can I say it NOT NICE. Crucial was nice but just stated they can not talk about it but he did say increase the voltage.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved