Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Just finished building pc.... all my games crash to desktop! 
bruceModn
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:20:05    Post Subject: Just finished building pc.... all my games crash to desktop! Reply with quote

As the title says, i just completed my budget gamer pc.
specs: NF7-S V2 with Soundstorm
Barton 2600+ with thermaltake silent boost. arctic silver
OCZ dual channel pc2700 2x256
60GB HDD- to be replaced soon
Geforce 5200- 128MB -to be replaced soon
8x dvd burner

The main game i am concerned with is doom3. I cannot go 5 minutes without the game either freezing, going black screen, or exiting to desktop. (The same for delta force.) I have gone through doom3 technical support with no luck. They suggested lowering quality and resolution settings, replacing the config file, updating my video drivers, making sure bios cpu/memory were in spec, and checking cpu.case temps. I have done all these things and my problem continues. Could this be caused by a bad cpu, bad vid card, outdated bios(i have version25 and newest is 26), outdates nvidia chipset/soundstorm drivers, or what? I am extremely frustrated at this point and may have forgot some things..... someone out there please point me toward the dim light.

your time is much appreciated

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved