Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: ELECTION RESULTS 2004... 
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:07:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote

dadx2mj wrote:
Wait a second NA ...He lied? No he had faulty intelligence and so did everyone else who had a say in it . Fault him for that yes but you also have to fault Kerry and everybody else involved as well. Plus the intelligence may have not been at that wrong. They have found some chemical weapons but only in small amounts. It is very possible the mass stockpiles if they did exist went to Syria or elsewhere. It is not like they did not know we were coming.

TShirt you have some interesting view and not without some merit. I still dont buy it all. I never heard Bush say anything about "He tried to kill my Daddy" Others have said that was his reasoning but I never heard that from Bush. Most of the other countries that have turned against us did so because they were in bed with Iraq and because of the war lost big time $$$$$ in oil contracts. I am sure if Kerry would have been in office he would have catered to them and claimed he had built a better alliance. I agree with Bush on this issues....screw them lets do what is best for us for a change.

He lied, or he is unable to determine who is telling him the truth, which is something a president MUST be able to do. and if in doubt find a new source. Now GWB obviously can't do all the fact checking himself, so one or more of his top 8 or 10 advisor's, screwed up, and the rest failed to tell him to slow down and check again.
however none of them has been fired, and the policies that put us in Iraq have not changed, now "it's we were wrong on WMD, but we have new justification, Saddam was a bad man" (Congress never would have authorized the war based on that)

about "He tried to kill my Daddy" (sorry, actual quote was "After all, this is the guy who tried to kill my dad."
)
We'll assume CNN reported this accurately
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/09/27/bush.war.talk/

....screw them lets do what is best for us for a change. I don't think any nation can "go it alone" anymore, not by withdrawing from, ignoring or taking on the world..
I do agree that all the allied nations have self serving goals (as do we) but a leader/statesman/good president must find a middle ground, some common goal that most can agree on or at least live with and work with that.
As EC points out'big iron' is probably not the major threat at this point, more likely a handful of fanatics could infect the world. This is something that all countries can see as a threat and all would work towards detecting/preventing/containing with the proper leadership.
What's best for us, in the long run, is fostering global cooperation, even if it means putting up with some minor posturing/BS in the short run.
and the bush adminstration has shown no sign of recognizing this, let alone the ability to follow through.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved