Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: ELECTION RESULTS 2004... 
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:56:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
And while I agree with you T-Shirt we do need a change... problem is neither Bush NOR Kerry are a real change.

CLINTON cut the FU@K out of the military. .

I happened to catch part of Ralph Nader's Stump speech (a televised locally event here recently) And much of what he said rang true (as does some of Michael Moore's rants) but being right, does not make you electable, nor your plans for change practical or possible to implement in four years, or 8 years. It would/will take a generation of cooperation (at a level unseen today) to make the changes needed to fix the current short term/what's in it for me, thinking in the US political system.
One would have thought 9/11 would have been the kind of event (like pearl harbor) that forced all party's to put aside, relatively unimportant minor goals and squabbles, and bring great national and international bonding and effort for change (similar to WWII) and at first it did, but that chance has been squandered, gutted, and burned by the Bush administration
And cutting the military has been a bi-partisan effort, starting before clinton, and is still ongoing today. (base closings/consolidation, force changes, and reductions)
In fact, before Afghanistan/Iraq democrats (being pork lovers) had been much criticized by the GOP for not cutting fast enough. And now it's that they cut too much?

Last edited by T-shirt on Sat, 23 Oct 2004 04:36:06; edited 1 time in total

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved