Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Gainward Geforce 6800 GT Golden Sample Video Card 
charliek
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 12:18:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Nice rerview, and a lovely card.

I bought one, I was a little dissapointed to find myself in the garage hacksawing the corner of the fan mounting so that I could plug it into my ASUS K8V SE Deluxe because it got in the way of the SATA plugs. (It wouldn't have mattered if I wasn't using them)

Like you, I also got better cooling by re-doing the heatsink with Arctic Silver V. I also removed the spacers on the moffset heatsink to get a better fit - it was hardly touching.

With a card of this price I'd have liked to see the a little more care in its build.

I also find the fans a little noisy, as I'm becoming obsessed with fast *and quiet* Smile

However - I didn't buy it for the stuff that's stuck to it, I bought it for the card that was tested at a respectable oveclock. I'm looking forward to Zalman adding the 6800 mounting kit to their Reserator VGA block, so I can add it to my watercooling loop (at which time, I'll replace those ram sinks with their fat pads for the Zalmann ones). Then I'll look for a thoroughly dis-respectful overclock Wink

Charlie

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved