Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Eumax 9-in-1 Removable Card Reader 
Scramblr
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 16:44:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Hey Folks,

About 8 months ago I bought the Flash Genie 6-in-1 Card Reader by Eumax. Just found out it was by Eumax...no help on that web site. Anyway, I have XP Home and installed the card reader to include the pass through cable (although I like the soldering idea). USBs were working fine along with the Smart Card reader which is what I was using it for. Then my Smart Cards starting going bad.

I would take the Smart Card out of my camera and insert it into the card reader. I'd extract the photos and then put the card back in the camera. The camera would not recognize the card. After the third new card, I sent the camera in for repair. Camera was fine.

On the fourth smart card I figured out that after I used the smart card in Flash Genie, nothing else could recognize it. Not Explorer, my camera, nor any other card reader. However, Flash Genie has no problem reading the card. All four cards are like this.

I bought a 5th card (I'm up to $125 now,,,slow learner) took pictures and used it with a different card reader, back in the camer and no more problems.

Has anyone heard of this before? Any ideas what's causing it?

Thanks,

Scramblr

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved