Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Odd issuse... 
Enforcer
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:48:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote

I had similar issues, but in my case I saw the HDD going off like a madman whenever it did, My HDD was behaving exactly like it was downed to EIDE or IDE speeds instead of DMA133. It would skip on simple noises as it had to load them, would skip while watching video every now and then, and would pause the whole computer while I waited for whatever it was accessing. It was easier to pinpoint though since I could watch the HDD light going off whenever my computer frooze up. Anyways something to look at. (The drive that went out on me was a Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM 8MB cache)

EDIT: At the same time i was having these issues, my dvdrom kicked out and stopped reading discs all the time, and would also power off (the HDD and dvdrom were on seperate rails and voltages were ok) on its own, causing lockups in the system, though I removed the drive and I still had the pauses with the HDD accessing.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved