Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Odd issuse... 
BeerCheeze
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:33:08    Post Subject: Odd issuse... Reply with quote

Ok, I rebuilt Misty's old computer and gave it to her cousin who's living with us now. However there is a strange problem (that I guess was there before but Misty forgot to tell me about it Bang Head ).

The system has the "jitters".... it will have small hangs (like for fractions of a second) when your doing things. For example when you move the mouse around quickly (like circle motions) it will move pause move pause, etc... When playing music (locally, across the network, from a CD, etc...) it "skips".

I thought it might be an issues with the video card (because when I was looking at it before I turned off the visualizations in Media player and the skips seemed to have gone a way... but I retested and this is not true). But now I'm not sure.... I'm leaning towards the motherboard. Here's the specs:

AMD XP1800+ (Stock)
512 MB PC2100 (2x256) (Different RAM then before the rebuild)
Asus A7V266 (using onboard sound)
Hercules GF2 GTS 32MB AGP
40GB ATA66 7200 RPM HDD

These are new parts that weren't in the system before the rebuild:
NetGear Wireless NIC
CD Burner

My thougths are MoBo or maybe HDD?? Anyone seen something like this before?

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved