Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Wireless! 
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 18:54:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote

OK
It also depends greatly on your location, and the transmitter type. Dealt with 2 clients home systems in the last month, in small apartment (3rd floor) (but fairly expensive) and a large condo (28th floor) in/near downtown. WLAN's were used as in one running wire in the wall would have broken lease and the condo had a custom plaster finish NOT TO BE TOUCHED! Both systems worked well for a couple years but one is now mostly nonfuntional, other is intermittant, especially late night when client needs to work intermittent one is condo a usually line of site. both are 'b' wlan's
In both cases I believe new WALN's using 'g' spread spectrum (MIMO)(possibly boosted, or directional anttenas) are disrupting the "ether" (original meaning/radio spectrum)
At aptartment site I detected maybe up to 100 different connection before/in between being blanked out (ground-mobile traffic could be a factor here)
Condo site I found 2-3 locations that received consistant signal but none were a prefered location to the client to work/play. I don't think ground /mobile systems are a big factor here (recent prestressed pan pour floors, steel layer blocked all floor to floor connections) but 4 new buildings close/ next door probably means lots of new connections (I was there during the day), and only detected maybe a dozen connections(all wide open Bang Head ) Condo should of had structure wiring by code at the time it was built (but I'm not going to poke a hole in the wall to find it, reddish rock like finish, looks impossible to patch Confused (cheaply))
In both cases I recommended upgrading to 'g' spread spectrun equipment (hopefully overpowering interferance) even though I hate the non-standard hog method, it is more secure (due to less hardware out there, and frequency hopping)

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved