Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Eumax 9-in-1 Removable Card Reader 
Maniac42
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 18:52:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote

I received this Eumax Card Reader from www.ioCombo.com today, intending to use it with my desktop system and laptop computer, both of which run Windows 98SE with USB 1.1 ports. It came in a box identifying it as "Flash Genie" model URH722, made in China, with no manufacturer's name, address, or web site. The drivers on the enclosed CD-ROM don't work. They cause Windows 98SE to crash instantly during installation. Allowing Windows to detect the hardware and search for the driver produces the same result. No support is available from ioCombo.com. No support is available from the purported vendor, Eumax, at http://www.eumaxinc.com, either. Their web site has no contact information, no updated driver downloads for this device. A switchboard.com search for Eumax in the San Jose, California area turned up an address at 44870 Osgood Road, coincidentally the same one given on the ioCombo packing list. The phone number, (510) 445-1800, is answered by an automated attendant, identifying it as ioCombo! (Hey, what gives? It looks like "Eumax" is just a front for ioCombo.) If you intend to use this with a Windows 98SE system, don't waste your time or money. I just obtained an RMA number and it's going straight back to ioCombo.com! Nice idea, but poor execution.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved