Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Broken iMAC... 
fatbastard
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:10:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how they designate their models but it does say it is family #M5521 with 350MHz/512K L2/64MB/6GB/CD. It really isn't anything special, she would just like to get the info off the drive.

BB, I don't have a 5.25 external, just the laptop enclosure. Even with that I don't know if windows will recognize it. I thought with the other drives I have I needed to format before XP could do anything with it.

As for the problem, they think it is the power button but I don't think so. Last time this happened the switch needed to be replaced, it is sticking now but I took apart teh case and hit teh button directly and still nothing. The mac starts to do something, makes the start up sound and then hangs on a gray screen. I tried moving the memory to another slot but still nothing. I didn't hear the HD spinning but I would have thought it would do something then fail like with windows. I really don't have a clue.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved