Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Help Upgrading Old Computer 
SpydeR
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 04:31:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Just when I thought I was good. Bang Head Well I'm having problems with random crashes now, I think it's the HDD because the CPU is just fine at about 29C, and I don't think it would be any of this new stuff, and it would make sense if the one old thing, the 40 gig HDD, was the problem. It usually only crashes when I would think it's working on loading/installing something or multiple things at once. It usually crashes while trying to install bigger programs/drivers. Do you guys think it's the HDD or something else?

Another bad thing that happened is that I thought the random crashes might be because of a bad OS install or something, so I reformatted, twice. Now when I try to activate my Windows XP Home with that annoying "30 days left" activation thing, it says, "You have exceeded your limit on installing XP" I don't know what to do. I read somewhere online that you can reformat as many times as you like as long as it's the "Activations on the same PC using the same product key are unlimited." So I think I'll be okay, I just need to contact tech support or something. Any buddy have any suggestions on what the crashes might be from? I haven't even OC'd yet!

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved