Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Windows is running very slow. 
thePMG
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 23 May 2004 16:36:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:

OK, so you admit... you have no real world experince... only in home usage. OK... so then how do you suppose that makes you capable of properly evaluating all those systems??

I never said that I did, you made an assumption. You gave out the hypothetical situation, I answered with what I knew, and you seem very intent on proving me wrong, and I really don't know why.

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
Also, no one has answered any of my questions about the different OS's?? What are the differences? What are the strengths, weakness? What makes any/one better than the others??

Read a few posts up, I asked you to elaborate on what you wanted with that question. Did you miss that?

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
Hell... I'll even give you a scenario. (Too which there isn't a right answer)

You are responsible for setting up a new company with 2 offices. They need e-mail, a wep page for information only (no selling, etc), printing, internet access. They do a lot of spreadsheets, presentations, and memo's, documents, etc... They have several people that go back and forth between the two offices and they need access to all their stuff.

Now, taking the network out (i.e. routers, switches, frame-relay, etc..) How would you set that up, and WHY?

What is the point of this anymore, do you want me to say Windows wins? You seem very intent to try to discredit me, and I've never done anything to you, except say what my opinions on Linux are.
Sorry that it got under your skin so much.

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
(OOO BTW... Novell did diskless workstations YEARS ago (like the 80's)... matter of fact.. they are the first ones to do it in the PC arcatect...)

Thats cool. Me doing the diskless workstation thing was a learning experience, having all the small pieces needed fall together to make the end product work. It was just a learning experience.

How about this, I Like Linux, you like Windows, and we leave it at that.

Last edited by thePMG on Sun, 23 May 2004 17:31:15; edited 1 time in total

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved