Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Windows is running very slow. 
BeerCheeze
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 23 May 2004 15:45:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote

thePMG wrote:
Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
I don't want links... want you to explain, in your own words. Explain HOW you would do it, and what the differences are...

I've never implemented NIS, I don't have enough systems and the redundancy I would need. If I needed to implement it, I would read the HOWTO and MAN pages, and do it. I read the HOWTOs for DNS, NFS, apache/ssl/php/mysql, cups, samba, DHCP, distCC, and was able to implement these with little trouble. My favorite was using PXEBOOT, to boot a diskless computer, all of it's files were on my server being shared via NFS.
In short, if I needed NIS, I could do it, with minimal fuss.

OK, so you admit... you have no real world experince... only in home usage. OK... so then how do you suppose that makes you capable of properly evaluating all those systems??

Also, no one has answered any of my questions about the different OS's?? What are the differences? What are the strengths, weakness? What makes any/one better than the others??

Hell... I'll even give you a scenario. (Too which there isn't a right answer)

You are responsible for setting up a new company with 2 offices. They need e-mail, a wep page for information only (no selling, etc), printing, internet access. They do a lot of spreadsheets, presentations, and memo's, documents, etc... They have several people that go back and forth between the two offices and they need access to all their stuff.

Now, taking the network out (i.e. routers, switches, frame-relay, etc..) How would you set that up, and WHY?

(OOO BTW... Novell did diskless workstations YEARS ago (like the 80's)... matter of fact.. they are the first ones to do it in the PC arcatect...)

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved