Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Windows is running very slow. 
Dud3!
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 23 May 2004 13:50:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote

3.a was supposed to be the reply, not the rest, I should have started the rest as 4.

Anyway, compiling stuff is not hard, and if you use Gentoo you just tell it to get whatever app you want, and it will download it, whatever it needs, compile it, and install it.

You don't have to keep up with the newest kernel, that's just what I do. Even if you're running 2.4.x you're still more secure than Windows..... It's not so much that bugs are being fixed as it is new stuff being added, support for more stuff, etc.

As for your last question, yes, Linux does everything I want to do and more. The stuff I've been able to do since going to Linux is far more than what I did in Windows. As for games, I quit playing those a few years ago, but I still play some SNES stuff using ZSNES for Linux. Any games I might play are going to be PS1/2 stuff that I want to play one day.

And yes, I do have a computer running Windows as I stated. The main computer that I haven't really used much since I started using Linux full time is staying with my parents. After I move I won't have a computer with Windows on it, and don't want one.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved