Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Windows is running very slow. 
dadx2mj
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 23 May 2004 13:05:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote

OK first off setting gaming aside is a huge thing at least to me.

1- What is the big deal about a restart only takes my system a few seconds. Never did understand why people make a big deal out of that

2- In the years I have had it installed I can only think of one time XP has locked up to the point I needed to reboot it. That was because of a bad driver install.

3-
Quote:
I can throw a wrench in the whole thing with this simple question
Dude you got three statements there not one simple question. Great so you can do some simple file sorting better, personally dont think I have much need for that and to this point have been able to sort and organize my files just fine in Windows.

3b-Back to the "Free" thing I'll give ya that probably the best thing I can think of about Linux. Thing that keeps sticking in my head is the saying "You get what you pay for" not sure if it applies to this as I have not really tried Linux yet

3c- I keep asking you Linux zealots what this is and get no REAL answers. However again not knowing for sure but this compiling programs and stuff sounds harder than installing a program in windows.

4- If the Linux kernel is so good why are new ones coming out every week? Sounds like a real pain in the arse to keep up with to me. Lately MS has been releasing it's patches before the bad guys have got there hacks/virus/exploits out in the wild. Plus how can updating the OS be any easier than Windows Update.

5- I am not a zealot of any OS. I have and use Windows and have no problems with it. Mostly because it is what I learned on and with the evolution of WinXP I see no need to go elsewhere. I'll probably get around to trying Linux one of these days and really have nothing against it. I really wish it would become more mainstream to give MS more competition and maybe lower the price of their OS. In the end for me Win XP does all I want it to do and much more. Can you say that about Linux? Including game play. I'll bet you still have a Windows machine running dont ya?

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved