Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Windows is running very slow. 
BeerCheeze
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 23 May 2004 10:42:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote

"Selling Free Software" ??? You are not selling th software, you are selling your service of providing it. Otherwise, it wouldn't' be free software. And the rest of that article is... well a little strange.

And yea, RH is making money... because they aren't giving away their primary OS anymore. They are selling it... like MS does. OOO And RH is getting nothing but crap from most of the Linux community too...

As for how much Linux cost me wasn't relevant in my decision. Because I have all the MS software I want. I own 10 licenses of almost all of their "business" software. So, cost wasn't an issue. If I had to pay for Linux, I would have (and I am considering upgrading to the new paid offerings of RH when I do my next upgrade).

Unfortunately, I think people are mixing up "Free" with "Freedom". The two are not equal. While their is absolutely NOTHING wrong with saying "I choose not to us MS's products and instead choose to use only Linux/BSD/GPL software." They fact you have a choice is freedom. Not the choice.

Believe me, I have hammered on MS too. And while they have done things to kill competition, just as many times the competition has killed themselves. Believe it or not, IE became a much better browser than Netscape. Also I have to laugh when Netscape cried at MS saying that IE has non-standard tags.... LOL Well anyone that has been around for awhile knows about "Netscape Tags", which here HTML tags that were not standard and would only work in a Netscape browser.

Just remember, I am not harping on you because you like Linux. I'm just trying to help point you in a more "mellow" direction. So you realize that everything has it's place.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved