Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Toshiba Satellite C75D-B7304 
Doctor Feelgood
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 23:31:57    Post Subject: Toshiba Satellite C75D-B7304 Reply with quote

I bought a 'budget friendly' laptop on Friday for the wife and kids... Didn't have to be much, but I can't stand tiny and/or low-res screens. The Toshiba Satellite C75D-B7304 was on sale at Best Buy for $299, so I snagged that with its 1600x900 17.3" screen, 4GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, etc... I saw the HDD was 5400RPM, so I knew that was getting yanked for one of the SSDs I have on hand (wound up getting a 240GB Kingston HyperX unit... All documents state this thing isn't user servicable, but I assumed I could at least get at the HDD.

I was very pleased to see an extra memory slot in there, and that the 4GB was on one stick (Samsung branded 1600MHz CAS11). I rushed back out and got a Crucial stick with matching specs for $38.

You have to take off the whole bottom cover, which requires a dozen + screws to come out, and tons of tiny plastic clips to be gently wiggled loose. Was pretty easy except for a clip in the battery compartment which cooperated once I slid a credit card under it. Nothing broke, took all of 5 minutes to get apart, and maybe 3 to put back together.

This thing is alright - screen is pretty sharp and definitely bright enough. Now it is also plenty fast.

Two pics - to make sure I got glare from different angles - Laughing

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Fri, 20 Feb 2015 10:40:46; edited 1 time in total

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved