Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Google Voice + OBi 
BeerCheeze
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 17:00:43    Post Subject: Google Voice + OBi Reply with quote

So I was looking at adding a 2nd line to the VoIP account because sometimes when the wife and I work from home at the same time (more likely to start happening more now with my new job), but I really didn't want to pay $30ish a month for that... So I looked around and found

An OBi 110 and hooked it up to google voice. BAM! Got a free VoIP number, and only spent about $50 on the adapter (ok, I bought a 2 line cordless phone too, but I was going to need that anyways). No monthly charges, and free US calling. Plus right now I have it linked to my cell phone so if you call my Google voice number it rings both at home and on my cell. Probably add my work number in as well and just my Google voice number as my work number.

No idea when/if Google will start charging for US based calling, but until then... FREE! King

So far voice quality is pretty good too. If I was sure they'd never change their prices, or what they would change them too I might just switch all my VoIP to them. I wonder when they'll be buy to collect my soul? Yikes Confused

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved