Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Silicon Dust HD HomeRun Prime 
Doctor Feelgood
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:57:26    Post Subject: Silicon Dust HD HomeRun Prime Reply with quote

OK - maybe there have been better inventions - but this one has impressed me the most. It is a 3-tuner cable TV tuner that takes a CableCard, but instead of being connected to a TV it is connected to your network. It can then send all the channels you are paying for to three devices on your network and each is now also able to be a DVR. I know some companies give CableCards out - but mine is a $2 monthly rental. Still, I pay $16ish for a DVR box and $9ish for a non-DVR box per month. This will eliminate those, plus add the ability to tune / record from one more device.

Windows 7 Media Center works great with this thing and the interface/flexibility kills that of the cable companies box. With just two sets going now - I have no issue with bandwidth (Gigabit hardware with CAT6 cables). I have the PCs connected to TVs already, might as well make them do everything!

HD HomeRun Prime @ Amazon.com

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved