Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Wireless G + N Routers? 
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 01:02:52    Post Subject: Wireless G + N Routers? Reply with quote

I think my Linksys WRT54GS v1.1 is starting to give up the ghost. I've been using it since 2004 or 2005 with flawless performance. But lately it has been resetting itself to factory default settings, which from what I've read it is quite possibly the ram/memory degrading.

One thing I like about the WRT54GS is that it has 32MB of RAM and 8MB of flash memory to play with 3rd party firmware if I wanted. And that the router had plenty of OEM options if I wanted to use the factory firmware.

Is there anything on the market today that is as user friendly and reliable as the WRT54G/GS? Also, inexpensive and has the Wireless-G range or better? I've seen alot of Wireless-G routers that simply couldn't cover the area that mine does. Two of my devices are N capable, but 4 or 5 of my others are B/G only. They are either too expensive to upgrade or have the B/G built-in making it impossible to upgrade.

I'm not wanting a professional router that it's going to take hours to properly config. But I do want MAC filtering on the LAN side. (I F'n hate encryption key code crap in my mixed network).

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved