Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Maxtop Diamondback CSX-502 ATX Mid Tower Case
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:34:20    Post Subject: Maxtop Diamondback CSX-502 ATX Mid Tower Case Reply with quote View Single Post

With the system powered on you can now see the brightly lit front panel temperature display. The readout is a bright blue color with a small animated thermometer on the left side. The numbers are clear and easy to read, with them extending to one decimal place. Compared to my ExTech digital thermometer, the included probe was only 1-2 degrees off from the actual temperature. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 02 May 2006 16:46:15; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

zepper
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:49:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The PSU in that Maxtop is an L&C junkbox (comes under many labels, but you can usually tell from the model numbers" LC-Axxx, LC-Bxxx). "Reviewers" who can't catch such things shouldn't be doing reviews.
. In a VERY low stress application it may be marginal, but I wouldn't trust my system to an L&C. I suppose if you like the case well enough, you could closet the PSU for a backup.

.bh.

Wave

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:04:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

zepper wrote:
"Reviewers" who can't catch such things shouldn't be doing reviews.

Sorry, I didn't have that bit of tech trivia on the entrance exam. Laughing But Mancho, you miss that again and you're fired!! Rolling Eyes

I don't think he tried to convince anyone it was a good PSU... It tested OK, but in a case for $39, it wouldn't be a big loss to remove in lieu of one better suited to a power hungry system. If the case's style was the selling point, it may pass for that price minus the psu.
mAnChO
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:43:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Oh, my bad, I'm pretty sure it was recommended that it be updated for gaming and overclocking. I'll admit I could have better worded it to further explain the intended meaning, which as everyone that studies power supply model numbers knows this thing is a piece of crap. But as BB said in no way was I trying to pass this thing off as an awesome top of the line PSU that you should power your system with. It merely tested decent at normal operating stresses, and as you so politely recommended it has been "closeted".

This "Reviewer" that "should'nt be doing reviews" in your opinion, apologizes for the oversight and will request all further power supply model number information from you before final results are posted.

And BB no worries I have an information source in Zepper now and if I miss another one I'll quit myself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: