Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Western Digital Scorpio 250GB 2.5 Inch SATA Hard Drive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 06:23:18    Post Subject: Western Digital Scorpio 250GB 2.5 Inch SATA Hard Drive Reply with quote View Single Post

The 250GB Scorpio drive is a great addition or upgrade for anyone looking for the maximum storage possible in the 2.5" form factor. In addition to a traditional installation inside a computer, the 250GB Scorpio drive would make an excellent choice for use in a portable enclosure, and as tested it can even be used to upgrade to a Sony Playstation 3. - The Review
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

MrPinKY
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 11:40:07    Post Subject: western digital 250 gb review Reply with quote View Single Post

I made the WD 250 GB substitution in my PS3 before reading this article, works fine, same result with some unusable space. My question: What did you do with the Seagate 60 GB drive removed from the PS3? I tried to use mine in an inexpensive external USB enclosure, but neither the PS3 or my laptop recognize it as a drive. Any advice would be appreciated.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:09:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You need to repartition and reformat the drive.

Assuming Windows XP: Right click "My Computer" choose Manage. On the left hand side, choose Disk Management. Locate your 60GB hard drive, and you should be able to repartition and format your new drive. FYI, you cannot use FAT32 over 30GB. I used Linux to format the entire drive with FAT32. (If you have Linux I recommend using FAT32 for portable storage.)
MrPinKY
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:07:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Many thanks, Modulok, this was exactly the information I needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Storage All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: