Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Enermax EG325AX-VE 320W PSU
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:05:44    Post Subject: Enermax EG325AX-VE 320W PSU Reply with quote View Single Post

The Enermax EG325AX-VE Noisetaker is very stable, especially when compared to the Raidmax test unit and its 100W edge in published power output. Even under a load it stays stable, with only a slight variation in the 5V rail. With zero fluctuation measured on the 12V rail, I would say Enermax's separate 12V rails for drives and the cpu/motherboard proved to be a worthy innovation. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sat, 29 Apr 2006 08:35:59; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 09 May 2004 09:15:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

One thing I want to add to this, last night we had a pretty bad electrical storm. I never pay attention to them, and continue using my computers through them. We started to have power flucuations, and my second computer that now has the RaidMax 420W PS installed was being rebooted at every flucation. BUT the Enermax did not reboot once! The power in it is so clean and stable a quick split second power outage didn't affect it at all. It kept right on humming.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 09 May 2004 10:46:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Cool... however... a UPS will solve all your problems. Grin
michael_holmes
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 09 May 2004 14:55:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thats quite a power supply. A UPS is a little on the exspensive side. In michigan we have a crap load of power outages and fluxations. They normaly only last milliseconds. This could come in handy.
JimBowy

PostPosted: Sun, 09 May 2004 15:33:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

michael_holmes wrote:
Thats quite a power supply. A UPS is a little on the exspensive side. In michigan we have a crap load of power outages and fluxations. They normaly only last milliseconds. This could come in handy.

Where is Bangor in Michigan? I'm just outside of Detroit. Don't have any bad power fluctuations here...

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 10 May 2004 15:46:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hehe a UPS would be a bit over the top for a gaming rig Smile LOL

But for millisecond power fluctuations this is a good power supply it seems Smile
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:24:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

A UPS Is expensive and over the top??? Your kidding right?? NewEgg.com has one with shipping for $29.99!! http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductdesc.asp?description=42-106-111&depa=1

And if you count on your PSU saving you from power fluctions... you better have the cash to buy a new PC just laying around.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 10 May 2004 22:25:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hehe I can only hope something would get past my APC Surge Protectors Smile Then I would have to buy a new PC LOL

Actually, I have a UPS on my list to get, but for a different reason.

The one I'm looking at is a 1700 APC Should provide plenty of power for what I need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Power All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: