Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
PC BUILDING
I want to build a new pc...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xar98
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 27 May 2012 14:27:06    Post Subject: PC BUILDING Reply with quote View Single Post

I have found some parts and i'd like you to tell me your oppinion about them...

1) Power Suply : Corsair Builder Series CX500 V2 500W PSU 80 + (CMPSU-500CXV2EU)
(in a nearby shop 57 €)

2) Processor : Intel Core i5 3450 (s 1155 , 3.1 GHz , 6 MB)
( >> >> >> >> 187 €)

3) Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-B75-D3V (1155 , B75 , DDR3)
(>> >> >> >> 82 €)

4) RAM : Corsair Value 4GB DDR3-1333 Ram Dimm *2
(>> >> >> >> 47 € both, 23.90 each)

5) Graphic Card : Sapphire 5450 SVGA (PCI-Express, 1GB)

(>> >> >> >> 37 € )

i have a 80Gb hard drive, an office-tower (horizontal) and a DVD-writer

I want it for some casual gaming, but photo edit (Corel Paint Shop pro X3) and powerfull multitasking...
I have though of installing Ubundu 11.10 but i haven't decide yet.. The tower is very old and i'd like to mod it a bit...(Glass, ElWires) I WANT YOUR OPINION!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 29 May 2012 13:11:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The 80GB harddrive is rather limited. Also, being that small I assume it is PATA, and that mobo only has SATA ports. With doing some graphics work you will likely need a much bigger drive.

I don't know anything about Ubundu, so I have no comment for it. But if you happen to install Windows Vista or 7 - they will eat alot of that harddrive's space up.

The mobo, CPU, PSU, and ram are good. You could find a better video card for just a tad bit more money.

The 5450 will suffice for some older games, and will do most graphics work, but if you end up using Adobe's editing software the card wont offer any accelerated processing. Newer games will likely choke on the card too. Flash/Java games(like at facebook) don't use 3D, they rely on DirectDraw 2D - which any card will do.
SuperChip64
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 08:16:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I agree with Knight: 80Gb is rather tiny - especially if that is the only drive in the system. While hard drive prices are still fairly high, you can pick up about 250Gb for US$65 or so in the States.
slugbug
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 12:58:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I would suggest at least a 500GB SATA hard drive, and you may need a new DVD drive if yours is IDE.
x.clay
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 10:18:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I agree with the hard drive and graphics card comments. I use an 80 gb SSD for my primary drive. I don't keep games or media on it (both stored on a separate drive) and I still run into space issues. This is mainly because my wife uses photoshop and lightroom a lot and works with a large raw files which eat up space quickly.
funkindrago
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 15:05:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I would have to agree with the above posters that 80GB just isn't going to do the trick anymore. Photoshop alone will take up 10GB and often fail to clean up temp files.

If I were you I would consider a new case as well, there are some very nice budget cases available now.
ET3D
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 02:35:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'd recommend that you say away from the Radeon 5450. It's not really suitable for gaming, and if you want this level of performance just use the integrated graphics. Get something like a 5670 or 6570 as a minimum if you want gaming beyond what the integrated graphics can handle.

And as numerous posters have said, 80GB for a photo editing system? Unless you have an external drive already, I'd suggest something bigger.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

boa49
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 09:38:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Definitely not enough hard drive or video card if you are gaming.
ujn2006
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:01:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You should use a bigger hard drive anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: