Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
USB Flash Drive Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geode
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:31:38    Post Subject: USB Flash Drive Recommendations Reply with quote View Single Post

Hello,

New guy here. I have read every review of USB flash drives that could be located through a Google search and on this forum.

I'm looking for recommendations from anyone having experience with these devices. It will be my first, and I'm thinking 512MB is a good place to start.

The a-data Rubber Disk seems like a good possiblity, but I haven't seen too much other than 1 review on this one.

Sandisk Titanium looks good, but a cap would be nice and I am wondering if the in/out switch will wear out.

Any thoughts on these, or suggestions for others/

Thanks in advance.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:45:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi Geode, and welcome!!

Now that they offer a USB 2.0 compliant device, I have to say I am partial to the Crucial Gizmo! thumb drives. I love my USB 1.1 256MB version. With their lifetime warranty, free shipping, and great products, its hard to justify a cheaper brand.

But... I know there are tons of others out there that are solid. Just don't have any experience with many others, including the ones you mentioned. I haven't even heard of A-data or the Rubber Disk...
Geode
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:49:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BB - thanks for the tip! I found the A-data at New Egg, and a review of it http://www.pcextreme.net/adata_jogr.php.

Crucial looks great. I am mindful that too much shopping can cause intestinal disharmony, and at some point just getting one of these devices is the way to go.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:54:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You mentioned one without a cap, too... When shopping, take a close look as many manufacturers make a big mistake (in my mind), by placing the tether or keychain hook on the cap... So, if the device and cap become separated you now have the cap only!!

Bang Head

A-Data and Crucial at least have that covered with the body having the keychain hole...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: