Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
RocketRaid 1740 boot issue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 09:42:07    Post Subject: RocketRaid 1740 boot issue Reply with quote View Single Post

Okay, so my current PC has two velociraptors in raid 0. With the on board controller. I then added a rocketraid 1740 with 4x 2TB drives. I made a raid 5 array, but now when I boot my system it tells me there is no system drive. If I delete the raid it boots. I can't seem to get my motherboard to not use the rocketraid as a boot device. I'm using a Gigabyte GA-790FXTA--UD5. Anyone have any ideas?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 07:43:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Have you checked either of the RAID BIOS for a setting that renders that array non-bootable? The SCSI RAID cards I used to use had such a setting so you could run multiple RAID configs with multiple cards.
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 05:13:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Charlie wrote:
Have you checked either of the RAID BIOS for a setting that renders that array non-bootable? The SCSI RAID cards I used to use had such a setting so you could run multiple RAID configs with multiple cards.

I will try it sharp solution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: