Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Popup Blocker/Tool Bar
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:41:54    Post Subject: Popup Blocker/Tool Bar Reply with quote View Single Post

What are you guys using for Pop-up blockers/tool bars for IE?

I did have Alexa installed, and it worked ok.... but I ditched it as I just don't care any more... Laughing

I have even considered changing browsers. I was using Craz Browser, and sometimes it works too well blocking Pop-ups.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 14:15:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

When I want tab browsing I use Crazy Browser but to block pop ups in IE I use FreeSurfer from EMS. It works great getting about 99.x% of the pop ups. It has a tiny footprint and I hardly know it is there. Sometimes it does block things that I want to but it is simple to turn it off and back on when I need to. OH yeah it is free to boot.
thePMG
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 15:30:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

How about firefox? It's popup blocker is pretty good, and it does tabbed browsing very well.

Alexa is, BTW, pretty nasty spyware.

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:28:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have Firefox installed as well. I just cant get used to the feel of it but that is a personal thing I guess.
trekrider
Feeling: Prehistoric

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 18:35:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Zone Alarm Pro does it for me.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 22:10:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I still have Alexa, but haven't used Crazy Browser recently (still like it though). Also have Firefox, just for seeing how sites look in it, but don't really like it in general...
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 22:43:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Firefox for me. It was mana from the heavens when I got Firebird 0.6 for Win32, now I'm using Firefox 0.8 for Linux.

I love it for speed, for the fact that IE and web standards don't mix (and it renders garbage whereas firefox won't), and a lot of other things.

Those of you who don't use tabbed browsing are a sorry lot, I'll pray for you that you may reach surfing nirvana one day. Laughing

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 10:22:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, I'm playing with FireFox right now. It is fater than IE that's for sure. However it takes up more memory than does IE, and I don't like the way it sorts bookmarks. Doesn't sort folders differently than links. Sad And WTF, no spell checker?? Might be back to IE.
thePMG
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 10:38:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
Well, I'm playing with FireFox right now. It is fater than IE that's for sure. However it takes up more memory than does IE, and I don't like the way it sorts bookmarks. Doesn't sort folders differently than links. Sad And WTF, no spell checker?? Might be back to IE.

It sorts them by the order they are added. If you go into the book marks manager, you can drag the folders and links into any order you like.

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 11:04:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, but that's crap.... I like being able to have them sorted automaticlly...

BTW I'm back on IE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: