Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Gigabyte 945gcm-s2c $gigs of ram questin
Ram Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djsnaps12
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 01:35:02    Post Subject: Gigabyte 945gcm-s2c $gigs of ram questin Reply with quote View Single Post

Hello I have a Interesting question Never seen this before. I have a Gig. Ga-945gcm-s2c mobo and it excepts 4 gigs of ram at 667 speed when it posts it only shows 3.40 and what ever the rest of the numbers are. is it not registering them right. Or do i need to change settings in bios.
and here is the specs of the whole board

GA-945GCM-S2C mobo
3.0/2mb/800fsb
2x2 gig sticks of Kingston KVR 1.8v
512 geforce 7600 gs
SB Sound Card
450watt xion power supply

Also i have never Over clocked but would like to learn but first would like to figure out this ram issue also when i installed it keeps making vista give me the bsod and its the ultimate 32bit but got the update for the 4 gig ram issue kb929777

Hope to here Back soon
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 08:06:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi!

With a 32-Bit BIOS, seeing 3.4GB of 4GB might actually be pretty good. That is the limitation, so unless you get a 64-Bit OS you may have to live with it.

As for the BSOD, I had never seen that one before. If you downloaded the fix, may be it is something else./ Best bet is to get the RAM/system stable before trying any overclocking.
djsnaps12
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 12:00:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

As for the 64 bit windows i tried that as well all ways seemed to do it in when i run the four gigs and run my game second life. but it also happened during updates. Then caused a loop and would not update. and have to reformat again. now i have it reloaded back to my 2 gigs with a crucial and avant stick and runs fine all my stuff thats why i am getting confused. as soon as i put in the 4 gigs it starts acting funny again this time im going to norton ghost it before i put the 4 gigs back in. and we will see what happens.
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 00:14:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

@djsnaps -- When my Gigabyte G31M-S2C mobo posts, its shows the complete 4GB+ of RAM. When it enters WinXP, it reports seeing only 3GB.

I'm guessing because you're using your 945G's integrated video, it's "stealing" some RAM from during BIOS post?
djsnaps12
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 07:53:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

again the same problem with the ram after i tried switching it around just one 2 gig stick with vista it crashed even tried one gig with the crucial and the 2 gig kvr crashed. i wrote to kingstin about the issue. but works fine with my crucial and advant 1 gig sticks the kbr they sold me up at microcenter is low profile sticks could this be causeing the problem. and about the post and windows the windows see the 4 gig just doesnt see it at post.
djsnaps12
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 07:55:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

so your saying turn off onboard video i thought i had done that when i put in pci-e vid
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 09:53:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Check your boards Bios, it may have a setting to turn off the on-board video...........Wink

Even if its set to auto there may be an IRQ conflict causing the system to become unstable.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

djsnaps12
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:20:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

all right guys took back the ram exchanged it for new this time 1x2 gig stick works but not 4 gigs. but 32 vista i tried 3 gigs lock it up and the 2 and 3rd time still getting bsod. I am completely baffled by this. is it just that unstable or is my motherboard causing the issues cause i have a friend computer that i built with ocz ddr 800 64 bit but she has a newer gigabyte motherboard and running the quad core amd but running same windows as i am. i am running 667 though.

ANY THOUGHTS.
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 22:35:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Have you tried resetting your CMOS setting first before changing RAMs?

You may also want to check for latest BIOS version.
djsnaps12
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 01:02:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Have the latest bios but have not reset cmos will try it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: