Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
IR Reciever
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Methious
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 10:07:56    Post Subject: IR Reciever Reply with quote View Single Post

I have an IR Receiver module, remote, IR receiver dongle, IR Blaster pretty much the whole HTPC kit as far as the IR stuff, new in box, should work on any system with an IR port shouldn't it?

Any decent HTPC software for windows XP out there?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 11:16:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes and no. It should work with any IR based component, however just like a universal remote, it will need to have the codes for the device programed into the software. It might have a search function on the blaster, then again, it might not. Really depends on which model and what features it has.

There are many good HTPC systems for XP. Biggest thing is to decide what you want your base requirements are, and then find the software that does that. The additional features will be important as you won't necessarily think of all functions ahead of time.

I personally like Snapstream; which is not free. I originally got SnapStream because for a long time, it was the only program that allowed you to remotely schedule and watch recorded tv.
Methious
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:39:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wasn't going for a full fledged HTPC, more or less just want to play some tunes from the PC using the remote.

Thanks for the info I'll have to fire it up when I get time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: