Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
LAN game for kids?
Like Blockland?
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 22:17:33    Post Subject: LAN game for kids? Reply with quote View Single Post

Remember Blockland? I used to play that with my daughter on the LAN. Was cool, but kind of limited.

I am looking for a kid friendly LAN game like that. Hoping for something a bit more interesting, like real missions, or things to work on together. Should have minimal / no violence. And free, at least to try, would be nice.

Any ideas?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 22:20:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You might take a look here...

FreewareFiles/Games
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 15:50:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

netHack!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 21:35:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Uhhh... am I Googling the wrong thing, or is that a text based game? We want eye candy! Grin
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 09:52:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

netHack is an old school text game, yes. Play it and appreciate it for it is from that and it's older predecessors that we get our pretty eye candy of today. Besides, netHack is still very fun. Nothing is quite like running away from an ominous capitol D or investigating that little r.
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 23:09:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Plasma Pong and Audiosurf are the only games I can think of without some degree of violence, both of which aren't intended for LAN play (but do have multiplayer modes, you just have to be playing from the same computer)

We had some kids at the last LAN we hosted playing warsow, but not exactly violence-free Grin

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 04:25:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

My kids are playing Tribal Trouble
It's not a lan game, but does offer network play. It's fairly simple to limit it to just a couple players. I believe to play online you do need to register (ie......$$$$$) though.

It's kind of like a watered down civilization clone.

If you do turn up a good LAN based game for kids I'd be interested as well.

Boo Boo

microcheap
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 12:42:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes, that was a great game. Too bad that game wasn't known a lot by gamers.
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 01:59:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BB,
There might be one in this list

http://www.garagegames.com/demos/browse/game/?platform=windows&sort=popular

There are several games that look acceptable for children, just not sure on LAN abilities, but Something might be LAN capable. I'm at work so I can't really check them out. I will be checking a couple of them out myself though when I get home.

Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 09:36:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

We downloaded a few from your link acruxka... No LAN games that we saw, but I was surprised that the hit game was the Bridge Construction Set:

http://www.garagegames.com/products/17

I liked it because it was like engineering... not sure why a 6-year old girl would like it other than our failed bridges falling into the river. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: