Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Nvidia driver woes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 14:44:32    Post Subject: Nvidia driver woes Reply with quote View Single Post

So the other day while browsing the internet. This error would come up in my event log and my computer would randomly reboot.

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Trying to hunt down the error and problems I had no luck. So I downloaded the newest drivers ect, and reformatted Vista 64 Ultimate. Well brand new install brand new drivers... same problem browse the internet to pick up some programs and hard reboot. So I look on-line some more and came across this: http://www.msfn.org/board/Here-s-how-to-Fix-WMI-Event-ID-10-Ins-t114389.html
I figure what the hell, I'll give it a shot. I tried the fix on post number 6, because it seemed the least complex. As of right now I haven't rebooted while surfing the internet. However I'm unable to use the Nvidia control panel ( A problem stated later on in the post ). Which got me to thinking I never had this problem until I got newer drivers updating from 178series to the new 182. Does anyone know of a good stable Nvidia driver? I'm running a 780i SLI EVGA motherboard and an EVGA 9800GX2 video card.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 17:16:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sounds similar to issues I had with a 8200 board that I added a 9800GTX+ to this weekend. I think I settled on 177 graphics drivers and the default drivers ECS put on the motherboard's install disk.

I didn't have the errors you described, but the system seemed unresponsive at times with the latest drivers and you had to wait it out.

I am not that familiar with Nvidia stuff, as most of my cards are Radeons and the motherboards at Intel.
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 20:24:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well I think I figured it out *no reboots as of yet* Funny story actually. I don't think it had anything to do with nvidia or microsoft. My system runs 8GB of ram, I take 6 out to install the OS. I use G-Skill and when I was just glancing over at the 3 removed sticks I noticed the voltage was supposed to be between 2. and 2.1 volts. Out of curiosity I checked the bios and it was defaulted down to about 1.6. Enough to make the system run, but apparently not to be very stable. As of right now it's working. I upped the voltage to the 2.1 and gave a little extra to the north bridge since I run with all 4 slots full.
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 20:26:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Now the only thing I have left to figure out. I got rid of my old soundcard. Creative audigy 2 platinum pro due to drivers issues. I'm using the onboard sound. Got the newest realtek drivers. However no sound from my speakers. But I can put hdmi as my default sound device and get sound over hdmi, quite odd. Fun times.
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 20:35:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

and now that's working. All I had to do was disconnect the cables. Reconnect the cables, and tell the program what I just plugged in. Wow, easier than I thought.
SUSHRUKH
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:41:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Never got that error but interesting to know.
kryptonian_sher
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:34:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Shadowsilence wrote:
and now that's working. All I had to do was disconnect the cables. Reconnect the cables, and tell the program what I just plugged in. Wow, easier than I thought.

hmmm... so its just a cable issue and select and identify Sir?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: