Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Ahhh... Customer Service!
Starts as a Staples rant... quickly hi-jacked!
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:04:25    Post Subject: Ahhh... Customer Service! Reply with quote View Single Post

So my keyboard tray pretty much just fell off the underside of my desk. No big deal, it was a beige Rubbermaid brand thing that really looked like crap in an office with all black and grey furniture and gadgets...

So, I go on line and see that Staples carries a few decent looking replacements. I drive over there and start looking. Are they by the keyboards? Are they by the desks? I don't see them at first, but then I see a sales associate.

He comes up and actually asks me if I need help before I can say anything... I tell him I am looking for keyboard trays, and without a split second of hesitation he says "We don't carry those".

I was a little surprised, but knew that wasn't true and followed it up with "I was just online and saw that you had a bunch of different styles for sale".

Again, without even allowing himself time to think, he responds with "Some things are only for sale online, we don't have them in the store."

So, I stand there with this incredulous look on my face and just wait for him to walk away. As soon as he did, I started my quest to find it on my own and it took all of another 30 seconds. There they were, right under the display of computer monitors.

If I had been alone I would have gone back to re-educate this little doofus, but I had my six year old with me and didn't want to teach her any new words...

Laughing

I couldn't believe it!

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sat, 13 Oct 2007 23:29:30; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:18:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HAHAHAHAHAAHA Friggin morons out there anymore...

My wife wonders why I don't ask for assistance when I'm shopping...this is exactly the reason why...
heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:31:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hellfire wrote:

My wife wonders why I don't ask for assistance when I'm shopping...this is exactly the reason why...

So it's not genetic like how men don't ask for directions Confused Interesting Wink

I've found the Staples that I use very helpful. Maybe you just got the new guy Smile Or he's an idiot Grin

p.s. Jason, I love your sig .... thanks Smile Here's how I spread the word .... 3800 miles in one year Smile

Sorry for the little thread jack Wink
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 11:25:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That sales rep is a complete moron.. Even if they "only sell it online", you can order it thru the local store and have it delivered to your house or pick it up at their store. I spend tons of money at Staples every year for both person and work.

Linda,

When are you gonna take the training wheels off that thing?
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 12:00:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You should have went back to the douche and showed him "what they didn't carry".
heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:49:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

knight0334 wrote:

Linda,

When are you gonna take the training wheels off that thing?

Never Razz Wink
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 20:13:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

heylinder wrote:
p.s. Jason, I love your sig .... thanks Smile Here's how I spread the word .... 3800 miles in one year Smile

Nice, like the license plate!

If anyone else wants their name shifted to pink, let me know! Grin

And images for sigs, etc... http://pinkforoctober.org/downloads/

My mother is dealing with breast cancer now, and my mother-in-law beat it years ago! Have to support them and the cause.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 20:49:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for the link, Doc.... Thumbs Up
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 20:52:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
My mother is dealing with breast cancer now, and my mother-in-law beat it years ago! Have to support them and the cause.

Tell your mom to keep the faith. She will we walking the survivors lap in no time along with your mother-in-law Smile I've walked it for the past 4 years now Smile
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 21:41:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
I didn't see anyone with a blue ribbon last month.. WTF???

What was that? As GI Joe said "knowing is half the battle!" Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: