Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
ECS KN1 SLI Extreme Mainboard
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:35:44    Post Subject: ECS KN1 SLI Extreme Mainboard Reply with quote View Single Post

Although they still have strong a focus on motherboards, they have not always received praise from the computer enthusiast segment. ECS is trying to change that with the release of their new flagship motherboard, the KN1 SLI Extreme. On paper it has the makings of a very solid motherboard that could help you move into a SLI configuration at a lower cost than the bulk of the competition. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:38:14; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

tquach
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:55:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hi there i have a small question regarding this mobo. I read some feedbacks on this mobo from newegg.com, and a few people said that installing and using the front usb connectors is like a death trap. And I quote from one consumer: "The board gave the blue screen of death after I inserted my Lexar USB thumb drive. I pulled it out and restarted, no such luck. Never came back from that." Another feedback: "I was installing BF2, plugged my Logitech headset in the front USB, got the blue screen of death, and the motherboard was done." Could someone verify if this is true? If the front usb connectors are as dangerous as these two have mentioned, then this is a great disadvantage since the front usb connectors are quite convenient to both gamers and normal users.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 21:37:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I still have this MB in use, and have no issues with the front USB ports. I use it constantly for my USB headset. Can't say that it can't happen that the ports could be bad, just in my experience the ports are still good and functioning.

I'm sure if you were to get a board, and have an issue with them, ECS would work with you to take care of it.
drummerboy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:15:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi
Just bought one of these mobos and would like to know how to install winXP on a Hard drive connected to one of the SiI3132 Sata ports. I have got as far as enabling 'PCI-Exp Raid' in bios which enables the SI Raid bios, but there's no option for JBOD or similar. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
tquach
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 20:27:14    Post Subject: ezsata Reply with quote View Single Post

hey guys got a quick question. along with this mobo comes an ezsata connector that goes out in the back along the pci ports. the question is how come i can't plug a sata cable to the ez sata port? it won't fit. perhaps i'm just being stupid. please help if you know.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 20:31:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

eSATA and SATA are two different types of cables. If you look at the eSATA port it would look like (sorry for the crappy ascii)

_______

While SATA looks like:
_______
|
tquach
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 04:29:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

thank you very much. also i have another question and i don't know if you guys have encoutered this yet. here goes: sata problems. i can't get the sata raid to run without the mobo being unstable. when i try to use 2 sata ports, it hangs at detecting array.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:28:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No, I havn't experienced that Sad
drummerboy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 19:43:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

tquach - check your bios version. Version 1.1b has this problem. Check out this thread :- http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=73262

BTW it only happens if Raid is enabled.
tquach
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 21:14:37    Post Subject: thanks Reply with quote View Single Post

thanks guys. you guys are freaking awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Motherboards All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: