Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Sunbeamtech Pro Series Illuminated Keyboard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:33:44    Post Subject: Sunbeamtech Pro Series Illuminated Keyboard Reply with quote View Single Post

The Sunbeamtech Pro Series Illuminated Keyboard is a welcome improvement over the previous lighted keyboards I have used. The fact that it has a full size layout and a switch for turning off the lighting scores big points. The lighting provides a cool blue glow that is bright enough to enjoy, but not so bright that it could be a distraction. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:38:11; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

DMT4
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:42:54    Post Subject: SunBeam Keyboard Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi, I got this keyboard and I do love it! 1 Problem though. It seems the keyboard has taken over my monitor settings. What I mean is that my screen saver no longer goes on.. and my monitor dosn't go to sleep on it's own. How do I take that power away from the key board, and give it back to XP? I did check in my control panel, and none of the setting have been changed. They just no longer seem to work. Sad Thank you for any and all suggestions!

Donna in NJ
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:07:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi, and welcome! Grin

That is an odd problem... Are you sure it is the keyboard?

I will look into it on my board, but it has problems of its own (to be documented soon).

Anyone else have any clues?
DMT4
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:14:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes I'm assuming it is something with the keyboard driver because I uninstalled the keyboard, and went back to the old keyboard, and then the screne saver started working again. So I'm pretty sure it's this keyboard. Sad I love this keyboard, and I'm not giving it up! LOL
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:13:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ahh... you know what? I didn't use the driver CD when testing it. I'll have to look at that part of it, as everything I wanted to work, worked OK without the CD. I'll have to see what multimedia keys actually need that.
DMT4
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:01:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ahhh okay... now see I wonder if the hotkeys will work if I uninstall the keyboard. I like having the one button touch for opening different programs and the www and such. and the clipboard keys and all that. Does any of that work on your keyboard without the keyboard installed?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:17:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I say uninstall!

I just tested it and all the buttons I could test worked! The system does not have MS Office, so the Word, Excel, and Powerpoint buttons obviously do not work. But the others all did...

Internet Explorer launch, all the IE commands, Outlook Express, Calculator, My Computer, search, volume controls, mute, Windows Media Controls (ffwd, rwd, play, pause, stop), Log off, Sleep... and so on!

All with nothing installed.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

DMT4
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:22:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Get Out!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Very Kewl! Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it! I will Uninstall the thing! LOL Thanks again, really.

Donna
DMT4
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:09:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well bad news... I uninstalled the keyboard, and the screensaver still won't come on. I guess it caused some damage somehow. I know it's the keyboard because it happend as soon as I installed it! UGH. I'm working with Dell to resolve the problem. They had me updade the chipset and also reinstall the sfc from the original xp disk. so far no luck. Sad I'll keep you posted incase this happens to anyone else, you'll have a fix!

Donna
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 01:10:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ACK! Sorry to hear that's happened Sad I resisted the urge to install the additional drivers for the Logitech keyboard's multimedia functions.

Hope you get your issue resolved easily.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Input Devices All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: