Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Vista RTM
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 14:55:41    Post Subject: Vista RTM Reply with quote View Single Post

Just received this from MS!

I am very happy to announce that Windows Vista has been released to manufacturing! Based on unprecedented testing and feedback during the development of Windows Vista, we are confident that we are delivering the highest quality, most secure, most reliable and most usable version of Windows ever. MSDN and MVLS will be able to download the bits on or before November 15th.

In addition, Office 2007 will be posted to the MVLS site and be available for download today. This includes Office 2007, SharePoint 2007, Project 2007, Visio 2007, Excel Services, etc.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 16:36:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing Maybe I should "upgrade" from XP x64 to Vista.

Then again... maybe not.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 16:38:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

As soon as it hits my MSDN account I will be upgrading one of my drives to Vista.

I love having extra boot drives Smile
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:16:55    Post Subject: Allchin Suggests Vista Won't Need Antivirus Reply with quote View Single Post

Allchin Suggests Vista Won't Need Antivirus

Wonder how long a hacker will be to make that a false statement....

A Windows OS without a need for antivirus. Laughing
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:24:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hell ANY OS without a need for anti-virus Rolling Eyes
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:25:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

mrweasel wrote:

Linux, UNIX, *BSD, Solaris, and others don't need anti-virus...

EDIT:
Also, just was thinking of this last night...but the whole limit on the number of times you can install Vista on a newer PC....what if you upgrade your PC's components over time? You can only do that a few times then your Vista license is invalid?
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:37:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Blue|Fusion wrote:
mrweasel wrote:

Linux, UNIX, *BSD, Solaris, and others don't need anti-virus...

EDIT:
Also, just was thinking of this last night...but the whole limit on the number of times you can install Vista on a newer PC....what if you upgrade your PC's components over time? You can only do that a few times then your Vista license is invalid?

*Nix should still have AV on it.

My bet with Vista is it uses a similar algorithm that XP does. If this is the case... don't change the NIC and you'll be good (of course with on board NIC's now a days.....)
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

JimBowy

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:22:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm guilty of not using AV very often. I still believe if you know what your doing, you can avoid 99% of the infections anyhow.
Plus, I enjoy the performance boost of no AV software.

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:25:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

JimBowy wrote:
I'm guilty of not using AV very often. I still believe if you know what your doing, you can avoid 99% of the infections anyhow.
Plus, I enjoy the performance boost of no AV software.

You are a bad bad man! Use AV. I use AV, and I do this stuff for a living. It is too easy to get "owned" with out even knowing it by doing normal stuff. Too many easy exploits out there.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:46:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

when I start using linux for everything but games I will probably have a windows xp for gaming only...so no need for AV there slowing down gaming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: