57%
 57%  [ 12 ]
dont know,dont care
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 20:58:31    Post Subject: Google Reply with quote View Single Post

Does everyone thinks that google is becoming to big?

I think it is. Today i head that google add a page that will allow uses to search fedal goverment information and stuff or something like that and i think its getting to big

im not sure if its good or a bad.

On one hand its nice to find information but on the other hand if google stays on the pace that it is you will be able to NOT have no privacy at all. All someone will have to do it type your name and know everything about you which i wouldnt want that to happen to me.

So is google becoming to big that it will cause alot of troubles?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:12:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I don't think Google is any bigger than Yahoo or AOL are...The other two have just been around longer and have had their time in the sun. Eventually, Google will over-extend and they will be forced to cut back a bit. It's just the business cycle as usual.
heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:19:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Google is just giving Yahoo and AOL a run for their money. Good for them.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 02:47:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

google is expanding... I think if it gets to the point where your personal information is more readily availible than it is now online, then there will be some government intervention.
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 08:25:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

They are huge.
as far as privacy, lots of companies collect info on you, most aren't quite so open about it.
Google has/still is spending billion on development of web apps with no obvious monetary value. so it's very good for users, just be careful what info you leave on there servers (gmail, photo editing etc) for all their big talk about how they won't give it to the govt, if the Govt wants it ,they will take it.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 08:53:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Instead of Yahoo and AOL, I think you need to compare Google to MicroSoft.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 05:04:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

google is much more innovate than microsoft... microsoft revolutionized the industry but we havent seen anything amazing in years...wearas google is pulling all these neat software gadgets out of their a$$...microsoft cant do anything, except buy them.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:55:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Google hasn't made new gadgets....they've just taken existing gadgets and put them up on the web for free. They're doing a good job of re-inventing the wheel, but that's about it. Please give examples of where this isn't true.

Microsoft is guilty of the same thing, to some extent, but has come up with different ways to do the same old thing (One Note comes to mind).

Enigmachine
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 10:15:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I don't think it's a problem of size... I think the real problem with google is that they claim their motto is "don't be evil", but they haven't yet developped the tools to prove to us that they aren't being evil.

For instance, they don't seem to be collecting information on individuals per se, there's no "findpeople.google.com" for instance. But isn't that odd in itself? With data mining and such, there's bound to be a way for google to find a lot of data on any person in any wired country.

If this tool did exist, I would want Google to add another tool to say something like "3 goverment agencies are using Google to watch this individual" or "52 marketers are offering 5000$ to buy data on this individual, would you like to sell your data?" or something... That way we know how evil it is. Smile

When evil.google.com is online, we'll talk. Smile
DragonMaster
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 10:53:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

IMO It's OK for a company that makes something good to expand. (Have you heard, Apple and Microsoft?) Especially since they don't want you to pay for everything. (...)

(iPod/iTunes : Pay a <$50 production cost product >$200, pay $1 for each songs(With about the half going to Apple), practically don't have the right to play that song, and pay for all the accessories, repairs and battery changes caused by poor design -> Looks like they're going cheap on R&D)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: