Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Computer Cases
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Optix
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 19:06:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hellfire wrote:
Optix wrote:
On the cheap - Antec Three Hundred
Middle of the road - Cooler Master HAF 922
More money than brains - Silverstone Raven 02

Nah....

More money than brains - Thermaltake Level 10

I stand corrected.

I'm sure if I had the cash I would get a Raven, Fortress, Twelve Hundred, just about any Lian Li or other bangin' case but since that is not the case I'll be happy with a Three Hundred.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

WaterRabbit
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 16:52:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

When these case questions come up everyone forgets to mention one of the best under rated cases out there. That is the NZXT M59 mid tower gaming case, I don't know if it is the looks or the low price ( sometimes people get it in their heads a certain dollar number and think anything lower must be of poor quality). The looks is subjective but the case has received high marks in ALL reviews that I can find. It is not a $275. Silverstone but for around $60. I don't think any case comes close , I can't list all the features here but I tell you it would cost you that much alone to take and paint the interior ( labor, rivets & tool, good gun to spray, etc.) with textured black paint ! If you wanted to get rid of that grey flat paint in most cases. When I opened the box for the first time, I was blown away, it is extra nice. Google it and read the reviews and 3DGameMan does a unboxing and a review in two videos on YouTube. If you have extra money though and this M59 does not do it for you, the Cooler Master HAF 932 Black is great and I think BigBruin did a review on the HAF 932 AMD Dragon Limited Edition ( the case I wanted bad but my tight budget made that decision for me). Hope I did not offend anyone but I feel pretty strong about my NZXT M59 it is my baby and the basis for my first build ! Best of Luck. Check it out !
NZXT M59 Case + ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO Mobo + ULTRA X4 500watt PSU = Slowly Getting There 1 Part at a Time..................... #3777 registered user
crowTrobot
Rated R

PostPosted: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:52:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

yeah I think people are turned off by the front of that case, although I don't think its too bad.

The internals and specs are pretty damn good. Large heatsink hole on the tray for mounting heatsinks, cable routing on the side. I wish my case has that. Plus side window, side fan, etc. It's definitely a great value buy.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:50:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I love NZXT cases, they're one of my favorite manufacturers.

Right now I have:
ChiefTec L-Series Case
CoolerMaster HAF 932
NZXT Lexa Blackline
Thermaltake Xaser VI

and another NZXT case in case I need to build a new box LOL

Crap, forgot about the old ThermalTake TaiChi case that is my server Smile
crowTrobot
Rated R

PostPosted: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 11:01:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

lol I thought I was original in thinking of a possible casemod where the monitor is mounted on the side of the case and have the bottom side contain the HD and optical drives but it looks like Chieftec already made such a product. lol. That case is awesome as a file server that you can just wheel out of the closet, throw in an old cheap 17 incher LCD there and you've got a great setup.

NZXT makes the best cases price/performance-feature wise, they are unbeatable. My only gripe with NZXT cases is that the upper left corner where the rear and top exhaust fans meet is really cramped. It is especially harder in Asus motherboards since they have a power connector there and its impossible to plug it in unless you put the heatsink after you plug everything in. Good thing NZXT cases have that large mounting hole on the motherboard tray which really helps A LOT, especially since even their economy and budget cases have the same tray hole feature so I just mount the heatsink last.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: