Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
U.S. Still Has Weak Broadband
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blake
Unwillingly Unwitty

PostPosted: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:11:47    Post Subject: U.S. Still Has Weak Broadband Reply with quote View Single Post

CNN Money has released the top 20 countries providing top quality broadband service in 2009 and the U.S. is still lacking, even falling behind Lithuania?! On a positive note we did manage to rank better then Estonia.

Full Story HERE

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:40:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I was on another site this week where people were comparing their speed tests results... It was crazy! Around here my 30/15 speeds are pretty good, but people from Australia were posting speeds in the 80-110 Mbps download range... And I see they are only 13th on your list! Bang Head Not sure what else counts towards quality, but we definitely lack widespread speed.
Blake
Unwillingly Unwitty

PostPosted: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 14:46:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Those speeds would be awesome! At work using Speedtest.net I get a whooping .88Mbs down and 1.05Mbs up WTF
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 20:08:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The United States has very fast internet on the global scale. The reason why it isnt fast once it gets to you is that everyone is download Pr0n so it really bogs everything down, and dont go saying that you dont contribute to the slow internet problem because you'd be lying.
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 20:59:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'll just point out that with the exception of the US, Australia and Canada, every country on that list is about the size of one or two states in the US.

heck some of them could be covered with about 4 wimax towers or a couple hundred miles of fiber Grin

Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 15:54:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wait a minute... I was gone a few days and HackaX0rus snuck back in! Laughing

Hi!

And acruxksa... You're right. Those little nugget countries have it easy. Like covering a large US city for some of them.
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 16:27:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dude, my server room is bigger than Luxembourg. That doesn't count.
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 16:32:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'd be curious to see how many of those countries are "pay for time used" service compared to "pay once, use all you want" type of service.

Most here in the US is the "pay once, use all you want" type of services. I heard a while back that many countries you pay a high price for the time you use on broadband.
(TSC)Bender
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 15:25:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hellfire wrote:
I'd be curious to see how many of those countries are "pay for time used" service compared to "pay once, use all you want" type of service.

Most here in the US is the "pay once, use all you want" type of services. I heard a while back that many countries you pay a high price for the time you use on broadband.

That would be pretty interesting to see. A lot of ISPs are moving toward the limited bandwidth option as well to decrease load. I'm lucky i'm eternally low on HD space or i'd be eating up Comcast's 250gb/month limit like candy.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:40:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
Wait a minute... I was gone a few days and HackaX0rus snuck back in! Laughing

Hi!

Yeah I forgot how to use the internets for a while.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: