Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Cant boot to C:\ anymore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudrock1000
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 25 May 2009 15:50:36    Post Subject: Cant boot to C:\ anymore Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok so here's the dealio foo Mr. T I do this all the time...its no biggy...just doing a system restore from the recovery console. Now i know i put some commands that i forgot to finish or put the file in the wrong location (like one i really do remember somewhat is putting in Copy _registry_machine_system...and forgot to put the rest of it >.> i made a few more but i dont remember what i put) but i really didnt think too much of it. So i finished it up, and now, for some reason it doesnt boot to the write partition...it boots to the same one which is another volume, which is lets say E:\...
I can still see C:\(the one that i cant access) and all my files appear to be there...but i didnt go through the system files too well. What did i do, and more importantly...how do i fix it? Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

mudrock1000
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 25 May 2009 19:46:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Help meh please...D: Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 25 May 2009 21:07:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'd offer to help, but I have no clue what is going on. This is with Windows recovery console or some third party thing?
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 May 2009 13:03:05    Post Subject: Re: Cant boot to C:\ anymore Reply with quote View Single Post

mudrock1000 wrote:
how do i fix it? Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head

Use your system backup. You did make a backup, right? Clonezilla? Acronis? Anything?

Remember the rules about your computer:
1. You don't forget about your backup.
2. You don't forget about your backup.
3. When your computer stops, or goes BSOD, even if it's just faking it, the MMORPG is over.
4. Only one tech to a fix.
5. One fix at a time.
6. They fix fully clothed.
7. The fix may go on as long as it takes.
8. If this is your first fix on a computer, you will probably need your backup.

Laughing
anduril
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 28 May 2009 10:42:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

What kind of a restore are you trying to do here? Manually copying over registry hives? I take it we're talking windows but...what version?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: