Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Diagnostic help
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 12:31:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
What kind of speakers do you want? 5.1 or so? I have used the same Logitech set for about 5 years now and would check out their latest.

Ditto... For the as of right now the Speakers which I bought several years ago are the only components not on the to-be-upgraded list.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 14:20:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think I'll go with a 2.1 system, I need something that I could move around easily to lans and such. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121123

Also, does anyone know a decent set of headphones I could get that wouldn't cost a fortune? like somewhere around $20

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:36:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Back on the CPU... Do you live anywhere near a Micro Center?

Q6600 for $200! You can order online, but going in person is always nice... LINK

Or if you don't live in CA you can avoid tax and get it from ClubIT for $235 +$5 shipping... LINK
1/2Baked_Alaskan
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 01:37:19    Post Subject: Re: Diagnostic help Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerLotus wrote:
I was playing Titan Quest about a week ago, suddenly I lost my internet connection. I tried the basics to fix it and couldn't so I went with the restart the computer method. The problem is, when my computer turned back on it only went as far as the motherboard screen and froze. Single beep, no apparent problem, it just wont go any further. I've already done everything I could think of and was hoping you guys might be able to think of something I haven't.

Some Suggestions:
1. Check all connections from the PSU to Mobo, Components (Video Cards, HD's, CDROMs) New PSU's for todays computers need at least 500 Watts of Clean, Stable power.

2. Check your Memory, if there is more than 1 stick remove one and try to boot. If you can get to BIOS it might be one of the sticks.
next, check out your Video Card if you can get into the BIOS Make sure all settings are in their default positions.

If you corrupted your Video Drivers, you may have to reinstall them. if its an Integrated Graphics Solution, and your running Visita, there may a Patch.

I hope this helps, get you started on the right track.
1/2Baked_Alaskan
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 02:01:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
Is that the new e8x00 series? I was looking at the quad cores and picked a dual core instead. Got the e6850 (3GHz, 1333MHz bus) and really like it!

I recently built a Lan Box for Gaming on, around an Asus P5K-E Intel E6850, Thermalright Ultra 120, 4 Gigs of OCZ DDR2 1066 Platinum, Asus EN9600GT 512, LG 20 X DVD+/-RW SATA, 250 Gig Seagate 7200.10 300 SATA, Ultra XBlaster MidTower Black, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 750 Watt PSU.
SamSung 22" 2ms LCD, Vista Ultimate 64 Bit, and I must say it plays Crysis just great. I've never been so pleased with the excellent performance.

My Main Rig is an EVGA 680I Core 2 Duo Corsair setup with an MSI 8800 Ultra T2d768 OC Edition which at the time was the Highest Overclocked Card you could buy. The Point is, I liked the Asus Mobo better than the SLI Rig, as it's been a constant problem with BIOS Updates, Thermal Interface Mods, and I lost 2 Hard Drives, but when it runs right, it's a fast setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: