Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
EVE-Online
Space game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treekodar
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 12:51:01    Post Subject: EVE-Online Reply with quote View Single Post

Have anyone tried out this MMORPSG(Massive multiplayer online roleplaying space game)?

It's what I find to be one of the best space games made, and the graphics are quite amazing. Sadly I cant run the premium graphics because my card cant handle it, but it still looks really good.

There's a 14 day trial and after that it's a monthly subscription Smash. It doesn't cost that much and personally I think you get way more than what you pay for.

The plot is quite good, but what is better is that you can go solo and still earn millions of ISK(Interstellar kredits). First you would think, yea well you shoot other ships and then that's that, but you are wrong because there's so much more in the game! You can get a mining ship and start mining asteroids for ore, and sell them for profit.
There a corporations that exists only for mining and it's usually those, that sell their ore(or the refined ore) to other players who use it to make fighters.
There's even a tv channel for the game(Computer only).
There are yearly tournaments that gets broadcast on the channel.

If you want to give it a try, and maybe meet me in-game then download the client and make a free account.

Link for the trial account:
https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/

Link for the client:
http://www.eve-online.com/download/

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 15:58:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, I played it in Beta... for some reason it didn't hold my interest though.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 17:25:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think I posted on this like 2-3 years ago thinking I might get into it... I lost interest, and I don't think anyone else even responded. Laughing

It does look nice online... I just don't like subscribing to games. I want to pay up front and then it is all mine!
treekodar
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 17:41:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
I think I posted on this like 2-3 years ago thinking I might get into it... I lost interest, and I don't think anyone else even responded. Laughing

It does look nice online... I just don't like subscribing to games. I want to pay up front and then it is all mine!

I feel the same way. I want to pay for the game and that's it, but it seems that more and more games are starting to charge monthly fees.

microcheap
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:32:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I tried the Beta version of the game. This game is ok to pass the time. Really enjoyed it on the weekends.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 12:37:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

treekodar wrote:
Doctor Feelgood wrote:

I feel the same way. I want to pay for the game and that's it, but it seems that more and more games are starting to charge monthly fees.

I really used to think the same thing. My problem with the pay $50 for software and then $xx.xx a month is the up front cost. If I'm paying so much a month, then I feel the up front cost should be greatly reduced.

Also, if I'm paying a monthly fee then I expect to get more out of it then just a single player/solo game. I expect to be able to play with a lot of other people, and expect regular updates, new content and just in general an evolving game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: