Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
What if Big Bruin had the colors of the Mighty Whale?
Hartford Whalers that is...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 00:09:49    Post Subject: What if Big Bruin had the colors of the Mighty Whale? Reply with quote View Single Post

Been mulling over a new color scheme to brighten things up... and just for something different. Plus, a white background is so much easier to work with.

Want something that hasn't been done over and over again, and on the sports theme, I thought of the Hartford Whaler's colors...

Navy, green, silver, and white: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartford_Whalers

Yeah? Nah? Other ideas? Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 02:23:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

figured you for a devils or islanders fan.
DeathStar

PostPosted: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 04:31:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Deeper tones tend to catch my eye; the Hartford colors look a bit PlaySkool..... Two Cents
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 08:20:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm in favor of a color change as I just prefer lighter colored web sites e.g. Google or Yahoo. I enjoy the overall navigation layout of BB but I can't say that the colors really hit a nerve that is conducive to posting. Actually it makes me feel like sleeping Cool.
heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:53:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Change it to whatever you like as long as I still have the option to use subSilver ....... 'cause you know it's all about me Wink Wink Laughing

Oooops, I meant to say as long as there is a option to choose like there is now Wink Grin
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 12:54:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I hate the light colors, hurts my eyes at night or early in the morning. I like the darker/deeper colors.
kimchiman
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:09:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The current color scheme reminds me too much of http://madshrimps.be/. I think white backgrounds make it easier to absorb the content and look cleaner.

You might also want to consider mixing the news with reviews on the front page, and then link to a seperate review page. I find myself forgetting to check the news, and often just go to the forums directly.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 22:14:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

kimchiman wrote:
The current color scheme reminds me too much of http://madshrimps.be/. I think white backgrounds make it easier to absorb the content and look cleaner.

You might also want to consider mixing the news with reviews on the front page, and then link to a seperate review page. I find myself forgetting to check the news, and often just go to the forums directly.

I have heard people mention the similarity in themes between Madshrimps, Gideontech, HardOCP, and Bigbruin before... I guess they stand out since they are some of the few dark sites left. It is harder to remember similar light sites, since so many are light.

Not sure what you mean by mixing news and reviews. I keep the Bigbruin stuff separated and higher up, since well, it is the important stuff here... Laughing

But, I may just expand the color switching thing on reviews to more pages, and make it look a bit better (if I can).

The forum would change to have the instant switcher thing, too. Updating three templates with every contest, software patch, etc is a pain... subSilver and OldSchool would be gone, but the functionality would be available in similar things that could be switched from the main theme.

Meh... The dark is starting to get to me, and I'm just trying to figure out what to do on a site wide basis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: