Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
University of Florida student Tasered at Kerry forum
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:11:45    Post Subject: University of Florida student Tasered at Kerry forum Reply with quote View Single Post

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:00:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That will teach the little bastard for thinking he could ask any question he wanted.

*Edit - This guy is really an a$$-hat. Apparently they we're done with his sh*t and he wouldn't stop. There is a lot of film NOT being shown. HOWEVER.... Not sure why he doesn't have the right to ask pretty much any question he wants of someone running for the President and is a current member of congress?
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:44:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm anti-Kerry to the max, however I think that guy should have been zapped a couple more times just for the entertainment value.
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:48:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

His father must have been a Swiftboat Veteran, Grin Too bad the kid wasn't in the reserves, he could have gotten a purple heart. GrinGrinGrinGrin

I heard they tasered him AFTER they already had him cuffed and on the ground...........That's uncalled for in my book, especially when there were at least 4 officers on him.

DeathStar

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:54:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

knight0334 wrote:
.........however I think that guy should have been zapped a couple more times just for the entertainment value.

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:10:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

As much as he was being a dick and asking questions in poor taste, he was asking a Senator and that stands as a political question. He's allowed to do that. The police action was uncalled for. Kerry was answering his question.

The courts will certainly decide this one and if I were this guy, I'd have a lawyer lined up. You can hear him clearly state, "I will walk out if you let me up," and in addition, the police do not state why he is being taken in to custody. In my opinion, it's an unlawful arrest and the use of force was unnecessary.

And FFS, he's holding a book. When did a book beome dangerous in the USA? I'm reminded of something attributed to Benjamin Franklin saying that, "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 17:45:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

On top of it, Kerry even said to leave him be, he would answer the question.

Even if he wasn't cuffed at the time, four big cops, with at least one arm being twisted behind him, if they couldn't hold him down, they need to go back to training. I don't care how big he is, or what, if you have four people holding him, and twisting his arm behind his back he ain't going to do much, especially with the other cops hold him and his other arm.

Some are justifying it as the kid had issues before this, they didn't know it at the time this happened, only after this happened.

Way too much force IMHO.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 19:35:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kilamon wrote:
The courts will certainly decide this one and if I were this guy, I'd have a lawyer lined up. You can hear him clearly state, "I will walk out if you let me up," and in addition, the police do not state why he is being taken in to custody. In my opinion, it's an unlawful arrest and the use of force was unnecessary.

Just to point out to you, that by that time it was already to late. Like it or not, he needed to listen to the cops before that point but he CHOOSE not to.

There is a lot of tape missing, and the tape being shown is used to only illustrate a point. So.... there are 2 people that most likely were wrong here:

1) The "guy". Instead of doing what he should have done when the police asked/insisted he leave, he fought them. Bad move, you just crossed the line.

2) Who ever told the police to stop him from talking. We DO NOT know who that was. Was it the police? Maybe? It might have also have been from Kerry's people. We don't know. So we can not assume anything.

Once the guy fought the police, he at that point screwed himself. If he would have simply walked out, even making comments while do so and not resisting the police, then he would have most likely not seen the inside of a jail cell and certainly would not have been on the receiving end of a taser.

I do agree, that he should have been allowed to speak. Like I said... Kerry is running for the President, and is a current elected official. Guess what.... that means you have to deal with the a-holes as they are the people you are supposed to be serving.
Dimensionjew
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:51:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

What about this? The guy had every right to speak out did he not?
Is there some other issue im missing here? I mean I didn't see any violence in the video here....

BILL OF RIGHTS

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:18:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes, he had a right to speak. However, property rights prevail above personal rights. If asked to leave from any private property, even if speaking - you must comply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: