Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
wide open network.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankieB
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 23:31:57    Post Subject: wide open network. Reply with quote View Single Post

the other day fb any myself got into a conversion, when we found out my condo was a hotspot. ends up one of my neighbors, i think i know what one, has it netowrk wide open. and we found ourselves surfing on his network.

sorta stinks but true, if somone wanted to really "f" with someone, and knew of this, just go to a bunch of "fbi knocking on your door" sites, and you can just run out and "f" your friend.

this is already the new wave of file servers out there, just hook up drive around.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Red Squirrel
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 01:39:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've seen too many of these wide open networks. Very sad to think some people are stupid enough to do that. Especially with wireless. Grin This city is not technologicly advanced so there's little chance that I could find a wireless network, but guaranteed that if there was one around, it would be wide open.

I used to do scans on my own subnet and found very interesting stuff. Never had a bad intention though, which is a good thing for those people!

my site
bigapl
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:55:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There are litterally thousands of open nodes across the country one could surf from city to city for free lol
hunter-killer25
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 20:49:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

most people don't have the word "security" in their vocabulary
SeanRinVA
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:03:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Can you say WarChalking?

Dad o' 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: