Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
have question (network connection)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 20:01:48    Post Subject: have question (network connection) Reply with quote View Single Post

For somereason im unable to open my network connection when i right click on status it does nothing. Also the icon which should be in the taskbar is not showing up...Never have this happen to me before and not sure what happend or how to fix it.

Thanks

also what is network DDE?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 00:13:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Can't think of what the first problem might be, spyware maybe?

As to the icon not appearing, goto Control Panel>>Network Connections>>Right Click LAN Connection, Select Properties>>Check off "show icon in notification area when connected" button

DragonMaster
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 00:25:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If it's acting weird, it's probably a service that isn't started.

(How many times have I played with service and f***** up the LAN connection?)
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 01:01:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i dont know i restarted the pc and it poped back up. lol

dont know, I have a feeling that i have a worm or something on my hard drive but every program i used and the online scanner doesnt show nothing.... i dont know,maybe its age and wear and tear on the machine but it seems to be gettings odd activies (sp) which i have no answer for.

im going to bed, night
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 04:52:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

could be a worm/virus/rootkit/etc. , but more likely something in the settings/registry is confused/conflicting. it happens to all windows (and other O/S's) over time, a little regular maintainance like error checking/defragging the drive, a registry cleanup and multiple full AV/AS scans can save the current install, or you can reload and update windows.
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 10:48:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

How does one go about cleaning up the registry? I have had alot of programs installed and uninstalled over the years and that could be some of my problem.

I looked at my registry before but most of it all greek to me. any good safe program which will clean it up?
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 12:25:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Try this: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download458.html

Just remember to back up your Registry first. I have used it on many systems with no issue. It does create a "backup" file of it's own that is just the stuff it cleans.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 13:16:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

thanks EvilCheeze ran the test and it didnt tell me what was the errors was but it fixed something as it made itself a backup file (70.3kb)

maybe that will help

thanks again
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 13:18:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If you look in the backup file you will see what it fixed (right click on it and choose edit).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: