Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
A friend of mine Needs a Laptop under 1000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Puddin
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:01:30    Post Subject: A friend of mine Needs a Laptop under 1000 Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok guys topic says it all. Just looked at Dell, Good support which i know SHE will need because her Understanding of computers is as limited of My understanding of the Femal Species, and we all know how limited that is.

But Dell wants 149 for Windows pro which i have seend for liek 100 or 120 and they Charge an arm and a leg for Ram and stuff wich is pretty screewy.

Anyone have any good deals on RELIABLE laptops please. Or even if tyour tryign to get rid of an old one.

She will do Web surfing, Microft Excell and Word, and To work with a digital camera when she is able to afford one noting to extensicve just minor picture stuff.

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:47:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just get her XP Home (unless she's connecting to a corporate type network it's all she needs) and buy RAM from someplace else.
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:02:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have 2 of these L400 laptops. They're not too shabby for basic use. I put in a 40gb drive in each cause 10 is nothing any more. It's definately worth the low cost due to the portability. I had a third one for a while but gave it to my mom and she adores it.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:44:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I was just at Costco and see they had some Dell, Avertec, and Gateways for under $1000.

The Dell looked pretty good, and Costco is a safe place to buy if you have a membership! - http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11099435&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=
Puddin
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:34:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HAHAHAAHAH Costco... I should Post Me in my Costco Outfit considering i work there now.

Ironey ha. YEai was looking at some but i don;t workl untill tommarrow, so i figured i would get the online shopping otu fo the way and check the stores tommarrow.

Thanks for the input my serch shall continue

Oh and the Ebay auction has been sold already

Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 23:47:49    Post Subject: In the same boat Reply with quote View Single Post

Guys I am in a similar situation and also need to purchase a computer for a "friend." Instead of a laptop though I am looking for a desktop. She will, as in Puddins case be using the computer for mostly school work, browsing the web, and downloading/managing her digital pictures.

I am also looking for that good reliable PC with good tech support if needed. I cannot always be near computer and her PC IQ isn't the highest once again similar to Puddins case. Coincidence or not?

Anyhow, looking to spend around $1000 for the comp as well, something with decent sized everything, doesn't have to be anything flashy but better than or average components would be requested.

Is Costco still the best option here? Do they sell decent PCs?

I also browsed on the Dell site and built my own computer for around $1200 which isn't all that bad just trying to find the best deal and company.

thanks for the help in advance

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 00:02:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've had friends get computers through ibuypower.com and have had good success with them.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 01:24:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Desktop? Simple? Cheap?

DELL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Marketplace All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: